Hi! I’m Dawn (wife, mom, and manners teaching business owner).
Welcome to my little corner of the internet! I help moms teach good manners, social confidence, and consideration for others to children- either at home to their own families or through their own manners teaching business.
I started my manners teaching business here in my town in 2010. Curious to know more about what I do? Well, I design and teach classes, workshops, and camps that help young people be mannerly, confident and considerate. I love what I do! Here’s why:
- I spend time with awesome and inspiring young people.
- Teaching manners classes allows me to work around my family’s calendar. I schedule classes when it’s good for me!
- I make money doing work I love.
- I help moms start their own manners businesses in their communities. I share my step by step, easy to follow process to quickly get classes booked and full of students. Teaching scripts, detailed class agendas, and material lists are included along with daily encouragement and coaching. Interested? I’ve written a free guide for you, 7 Steps to Teaching Your First Manners Class– click here to get your copy
- I’ve been able to pursue my love of writing too! I’ve written various articles for publications on the topic of family manners and I recently published The Family Table Manners Boot Camp.
A Little More About Me
I’m married to the love of my life, Jay. He keeps me centered, believes in me and my business, and he’s just lots of fun to share life with. We’re proud parents to a daughter and two sons. Once upon a time, we had 3 kids all under 4 years old! The years have flown by and there are no more soccer tournaments, PTA meetings, carpools or curfews for us. We do miss those days though.
PS) Curious about starting your own part-time business teaching manners classes? Read this post!