Cheese, pasta, chicken, a can of soup and a bit of veggie…Quick & Cheesy Chicken Pasta is as easy as can be! I’m sharing another family favorite recipe with you today. I love this recipe for its deliciousness, ease of preparation, and quick clean up!
I made this a couple nights ago for a potluck dinner party and was asked for the recipe several times. It’s really that good.
I use a secret ingredient that saves lots of time…canned white meat chicken.
Yes, I admit it. Sometimes I cook with canned chicken. There was a time when I thought using canned chicken was cheating, but after child #3 arrived I saw the light. Cheesy Chicken Pasta made with canned chicken is so much better than cereal for dinner. I also realized no one at my dinner table noticed that I was cheating. They loved it either way!
Now, if you just cannot bear to use canned chicken, I understand. Just know that you’re spending needless time cooking, chopping and washing an extra pan. Maybe you could just try it my way once? Use the time you saved going for a walk with your family after dinner! As my mom used say,
“Make memories not dirty dishes.”
Try the recipe for Quick & Cheesy Chicken Pasta tonight.
PS) Have you heard about The Family Table Manners Boot Camp course (no more nagging about table manners!)? Take it for a spin- the first lesson is free! Sign up here.
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup grated Kraft Italian Five Cheese blend (in dairy case)- reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (I microwave it with a bit of water so it's not crunchy- my kids don't like crunch in their casseroles)
- 8 ounces spaghetti cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1 can (12.5 ounces) Premium Chicken Breast in Water, drained or the equivalent amount of chopped cooked chicken breast
- optional: 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, heat the soup, water, cheese, parsley, chopped red pepper,spaghetti and chicken over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir while heating. You'll need a strong spatula because it will be thick and hearty.
- It's ready to serve! One pot...I told you it was easy.
- If you are feeling ambitious and want to give the appearance that you spent more time in the kitchen: Lightly grease a nice medium sized casserole dish and add the Cheesy Chicken Pasta to the dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and the reserved cheese. Lightly broil in the oven on low until the bread crumbs are slightly browned. Sprinkle with more parsley flakes if desired.