Why are table manners so important?
#1- Good table manners set the foundation for other important manners like respect for others, self-confidence, and being considerate. It all starts at the family table.
#2- Having good table manners shows you’re prepared for life. As our children leave the nest, they need to be ready for important events that take place while dining- celebrations, meetings, interviews, dates, networking…
Not long ago I was a busy mom like you. I remember the stress at the dining table:
My nagging and pleading at the table just didn’t work and it was certainly no fun for any of us.
Luckily, I found a better way and found that teaching my family good table manners during our meals could be fun and stress free!
I’ve since used that experience to create my online Family Table Manners Boot Camp (get a free lesson delivered to your inbox by clicking here).
Teaching your family good table manners can be simple and fun!
Below are a few tips to get you started teaching your children good table manners:
- Set a good example. If you need a brush up on table manners, that’s a-okay! There are many good books on the subject. My favorite resource is the 19th edition of Emily Post’s Etiquette.
- Make a list of the table manners that you want your family to know and use. Then break down the list into mini-lessons. Teach them one or two table manners skills a week. Concentrate on one at a time and then layer on new learning. Use a free lesson from my Family Table Manners Bootcamp to get you started!
- Keep table manners learning fun and light-hearted. Your family can enjoy learning together! Don’t nag and fuss. Positive reminders are best. Parents who use my online Family Table Manners Boot Camp lessons tell me they say things like, “What would Mrs. Jumper say about your posture? 🙂
- Remember, table manners should be everyday good habits. They aren’t just for special occasions. Your goal is to make good table manners part of your children’s everyday habits, so this means using manners at every meal and in every setting. Whether it’s breakfast at home, a quick lunch at Subway, or a special dinner at a restaurant- manners matter.
- Set a family goal to complete your list of table manners learning by a certain date. When you do, celebrate! Go out for a nice dinner or bake a special dessert.
- Join my Family Table Manners Boot Camp online course. It’s like I’m with you at your family table guiding you through table manners learning one lesson at a time. All you need is a screen and my course! You’ll receive short, easy to follow lessons plus printable Parent Notes. Your family simply views a lesson at the beginning of your meal and then practice together while you eat. It’s easy and fun! You may complete the Boot Camp at your own pace.
Curious? Try it out! Enter your email address below and I’ll send you a free lesson right away.
The Family Table Manners Boot Camp- online course
I'll teach your family good table manners one lesson at a time.
Your FREE lesson will be delivered to your inbox right away.
Be sure to check your spam folder- it may be delivered there.